Doing rapid VIP SLOT updates for Malden Servers every few min. Get yours NOW
Off-Topic. Talk about anything in here. Got a funny video you like to share? Post it here.

Moderator: forum mod

By Charlie Wang
I play on 1944 server, currently, a low leveled pilot. Can someone give me some dogfight Tips!
I found out I was out turned, out ran, an out gunned by thunderbolt when I was sitting in an air cobra, and I also suffer version limitation in SA. I mean that I cannot see things far.
By Remember Sega
Hi the air cobra is a rather poor dog fighter and you will lose 95% of the time to a thunderbolt, if you do wanna try though keep your speed slow to middle range and use flaps down once, this will help change your turn speed just be carefully not to stall out and crash and burn, alternatively you could try flying around in the editor to keep get used to turn speeds and stall speeds, if you are not 100% sure how to do stuff in editor i have this little mission i made for a friend to try it out (has all normal arma 3 jets and 1944 ones in it) ofc it requires the mods that joining the Koth server does, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =963365672
By Az0
Cobra is actually really good air to air combat plane. You have to use it's good abilities for your advantage. Like Cobra is fast, can climb hard and can take more shots before powering out or leaking fuel like other planes.

Take some altitude and gain energy, use that to boom and zoom on a plane and regain that altitude. FW are poor to climb and will stall before you 9/10 times when you can swoop back in for an easy kill.

Against Thunderbolt you should try to gain speed, attack it from below or behind. Thunderbolt has really poor armor and will start to leak fuel or lose power from few rounds, after you have damaged it it becomes easy target.
In a fight with multiple planes shoot one few times so it starts to leak and lose power, then attack the next one and so on. That way you don't have to face them all at the same time by forcing one or two on ground to repair.

ps. tell friendly pilots if you see plane so they can help you and try to have a wingman.
By Charlie Wang
Thanks for your reply, you shot me down almost everytime when I encountered your thunderbolt. LoL. Do you think air cobra can out clime P47 in sever? It seems like air cobra in server also has poor rolling ability. And in B&Z, I am having troubles on pulling the air cobra down quickly. Seems like, in IFMOD, speed and firing power dominate. The plane having more speed actually out turn relatively slower opponents in turning fight. Energy theory seems not that impotent.
It's a pleasure to dogfight with you in the server ! Love to fight with you till bankrupt, lol!
By Charlie Wang
Remember Sega wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:30 pm
Hi the air cobra is a rather poor dog fighter and you will lose 95% of the time to a thunderbolt, if you do wanna try though keep your speed slow to middle range and use flaps down once, this will help change your turn speed just be carefully not to stall out and crash and burn, alternatively you could try flying around in the editor to keep get used to turn speeds and stall speeds, if you are not 100% sure how to do stuff in editor i have this little mission i made for a friend to try it out (has all normal arma 3 jets and 1944 ones in it) ofc it requires the mods that joining the Koth server does, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =963365672
Thank you, Sega! I made a simple mission using P39 dogfighting with FW190 and Stuka. I' ll try P47 tonight. By the way do you know how many rounds the 4 x MG having in the air cobra of the server. I found that MG ammo of air cobra is not many, and the big gun seems useless, too less and lack of accuracy.
By Remember Sega
Not 100% sure as the ui does not show the ammo count right.
Heli Ramming - Adam

US #4 at around Noon central time. He dove at me,[…]

Intentional team killing

Thanks for the report, but we can't do anything wi[…]

Made an error while donating

I accidentally put in game name as jslberto. My […]

Recently started playing codefour servers, and i[…]